21 things to do before I die
I could put down sensible stuff like ‘get out of debt’ or ‘sort out my will’ but here’s what I really want to do:
- Have a ridiculous night out in New York City; the kind of night that ends with you feeling dazed, surrounded by strangers and wondering where your left shoe went.
- Sleep in a cave in Cappadocia, Turkey. The mountains with the caves are called ’fairy chimneys’. Need I say more?
- Which brings me to playing Titania in Midsummer Night’s Dream. I want to be the Queen of the Fairies, goddammit.
- Eat at Tetsuya’s
- Drink Champagne in Champagne
- Walk the Overland Track in Tasmania, preferrably with someone carrying my pack and cooking my meals because I’m lazy like that
- Have dinner with Richard Branson. I imagine that he would be a big old flirt and we would laugh a lot.
- Go hiking in Scandinavia in summer
- Wear a stupendous couture dress to a glittery ball
- Find an opportunity to perform a feather fan burlesque dance. Maybe my 60th birthday party to horrify my family?
- Visit the great gardens of the world
- Plant my own truly great garden …
- … that will be dug up by my pack of adorable hounds
- Hug Lena Dunham. She’s done a lot for feminism.
- Hug Julia Gillard. She’s also done a lot for feminism.
- Write things that are worth reading, maybe even a book
- Learn art techniques and have an exhibition of my work one day
- Own a cabin or yurt somewhere natural and beautiful
- Go sailing around the Mediterranean and go skinny dipping
- Eat myself senseless in Italy during the summertime
- Get a tattoo of wildflowers up my right outer thigh
What do you really want to do? Forget all the practical, selfless stuff. Tell me your wildest dreams!