Did you know that it’s the Chinese Year of the Black Water Snake?
It’s as ominous as it sounds and I have been feeling its dark energy around lately. In order to offset the snakey vibes, I have decided to focus on all the little positives; the little happys.
- Collecting still-warm eggs from my chooks in the morning
- Not having to rush out of bed because I live so close to work
- Reading Sincerely Women of Letters – such a touching and colourful collection of stories (thank you Mel)
- Sunny days
- Clean, fresh air
- Making new friends – there are so many wonderful people around (this is kind of a big happy that occurs in small steps)
- The way I feel after yoga, dancing and walking
- Tea and coffee. Oh how I love them both
- The way I feel when I get enough sleep
- How friendly and welcoming my work colleagues are
- Salad and smoothies. I love them both too
- Finding new blogs like Tiny Buddha (thank you Claudia)
- Booking a ticket to see the Dalai Lama in June (thank you Cheryl)
- Watching my parents’ poodles playing (hilarious)
I am grateful for all of these little things because they make it easier to deal with the big, bad things that are inevitable in life: conflict, stress, death, cancer, rejection, bills, aches, pains and tax returns.
What are your little daily happys? What small things do you do (or feel or think) to enhance your daily existence?