Life and stuff: How to save time
I have been slopping away at my polished board floors for years with a straggly-ass thing that eventually snapped in half because the handle rusted through.
The First Husband promptly popped up the street and invested $12 in a new mop.
Mon dieu – what a difference! This mop has a rotating head, lots of ‘hair’, a suitably long handle and covers twice the territory in half the time.
This got me thinking – what else was slowing me down? How could I save more precious minutes?
Over the years I have come up with lots of ways to save time that would make Swiss ancestors roll over in their perfectly organised graves. Here’s a selection:
1. I don’t bother folding underwear.
2. I don’t iron anything that doesn’t absolutely have to be ironed. This includes pillow slips, doona covers, tea towels and jeans.
3. I don’t even attempt to keep my cupboards tidy (except for my clothes). If I can find things, that’s all that matters.
4. I got my eyeliner tattooed on.
5. I don’t straighten my hair anymore. Instead, I just try to control the frizz with products or tie it back in a pony tail.
6. I don’t paint my fingernails.
7. I rarely wear high heels because they are hard to walk in, hurt my feet and slow me down.
8. I always use my own computer for work because other people’s computers tend to suck.
9. I wash my face with water and slap on some moisturiser in the morning. I don’t bother with cleansing and toning.
10. I do a big grocery shop every now and then so I always have food in the house.
11. I eat lots of fruit (no preparation required).
12. I don’t watch TV (it is the biggest drain on time of anything ever invented).
How do you save time? Care to share your best time-saving tips?