Types of happy
There are lots of different kinds of happy. Here are some of mine:
- Getting enough sleep happy – floppy bodied, quiet-hearted contentment
- Full belly happy – blood glucose glow
- Post-walk happy – sweaty detoxification meets endorphins
- Gig happy – half drunk and collectively in awe of talent
- Job well done happy – smug waves of competence and praise-basking
- Doing something selfless happy – internal tick of approval on lifepath of goodness
- Just bought a pretty thing happy – anticipatory glee at hope of looking attractive
- Just booked holiday happy – SQUEEEEEEEEEE! I’M GOING AWAY SOMEWHERE I’VE NEVER BEEN AND OH MY GOD THERE WILL BE FOOD THERE AND MAYBE I CAN GO SWIMMING?
- Flowers, fruit and veggies happy – my jonquils have opened, my tomatoes are ripe, my sweet peas are climbing
So many different kinds of happy. What are some of your favourites?