It could be your childhood bedroom, the Old Masters section of an art gallery or a patch of grass under a giant Moreton Bay Fig.
My happy places, in no particular order, are:
- My current home in Marrickville, NSW
- Eating lunch on Taquile Island in Lake Titicaca, Peru
- Floating on my back in Bendemeer Creek, just north of Tamworth up the New England Highway, NSW
- Stargazing in perfect darkness at my best friend’s Dad’s house (which is also the old police station) in Weabonga, NSW
- Breezy walks on Corindi Beach in Coffs Harbour, NSW
- Sitting on a sand dune looking out at infinite nothingness in The Stony Desert, SA
- Drinking Scratch Mai Tais at the Royal Hawaiian on Waikiki Beach in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Swimming with hundreds of little silver fish in Phrom Lok Waterfall, Nakhonsithammarat Province, Thailand
- Ogling the fresh produce at the grower’s markets in Ljubljana market square, Slovenia
- Having fittings in the tailor shops in Hoi An, Vietnam
- The Henson Park Oval where I walk my dogs in Marrickville, NSW
- The Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney, NSW
- My Nanna’s back garden in Katoomba, NSW
- Lying on the beach in Byron Bay, NSW
- The Freehouse in Nelson, New Zealand (this is my newest happy place – the coolest bar in the whole world. It’s inside an old church and they have lots of weird craft beers on tap. They even let you BYO pizza).
- Finally, I cannot leave out the wonders of bed. Feather doonas, clean linen and a perfectly proportioned pillow make it a very happy place indeed.
Where are your happy places? Where would you go right now if you had a Tardis?