Life + Stuff: Sucky
Things that currently suck:
– My enormous tax bill; the result of a dodgy accountant who failed to lodge my 2009/2010 return. I have no spending money and I can’t afford frilly knickers, concert tickets or fancy chicken dinners. Hmph.
– Clients that don’t pay their invoices on time. I am a contractor and therefore at the mercy of people’s financial whims.
The Australian Tax Office, on the other hand, doesn’t care if I have been paid and will still demand payment like a hard-faced old brothel madam with a razor-wielding goon at her side.
– Illness. I have had to spend a heap of money on various antibiotics recovering from everything from a staph infection on my knee to an exotic Indian infection in my stomach. I also vomited in a cinema and nearly cut my finger off on the weekend. Yes. Mega sucky.
Now that I have that off my chest, it occurs to me that my life is actually pretty great. Here’s what I am grateful for:
– I’ve made up with my Mum. We had an enormous fight that resulted in a year of radio silence. We exchanged letters recently and I am finally ready to let it go.
– I’m falling in love (you know who you are).
– I have an incredibly cool job. I love Hawaii. I obsess about Oman. I adore talking about resorts, tours and wild activities you can do overseas involving ziplines and Frankincense trees. Travel journalists are some of most interesting, eccentric, open-minded people you could ever hope to meet; same goes for travel industry people.
– I’m going to Tasmania this weekend for a wedding and I think I am going to love it *squeeeeeee*
What sucks for you at the moment? And what rocks? Care to share?