Too many people I know are dying.
Some from disease, others from suicide. Nobody is dying of old age.
This has got me thinking. What can I – and you – do to attempt to forestall the inevitable?
Here’s some things we can do to live a little bit longer:
- Ladies – go and have a pap smear
- Quit smoking
- Stop binge drinking and have two alcohol free days per week
- Go and get your skin checked at a cancer clinic
- Floss your teeth (less plaque on your teeth = less plaque in your arteries)
- Eat more raw/super foods like blueberries, walnuts, salmon, eggs, leafy greens, natural yoghurt and broccoli
- Eat less sugar and artificial sweeteners
- Get more sleep if you’re getting less than between 6 -8 hours per night
- If you’re depressed or anxious, see a doctor and work on a mental health plan
- Talk to your friends and family
- Get a pet
- Do some exercise
- Drink at least 2L of water per day
- Drink green tea
- Have sex
This basic stuff is guaranteed to improve your health and longevity prospects.
This is as much a reminder to me as it is to you. I drink too much, don’t exercise enough, only floss my teeth when I eat mangoes and think I am impervious to sunlight.
I promise to look after myself if you do too.
Have I missed anything? What else should we be doing to ensure we have long, happy, healthy lives?