Sponsored post: Why I love Qantas
Between union disputes, social media disasters and increased fuel prices, poor old Qantas has taken a beating recently.
But you know what? I still love ’em. Here’s why:
- The Neil Perry menu in Business Class and Premium Economy is excellent. The salad tastes fresh and the dressing is olive oil and balsamic vinegar; not some weird synthetic crap
- The Qantas Lounge is classy but also fun (as is the Australian wine selection)
- Their inflight mag – Qantas: The Australian Way – is very well-written. They employ some of Australia’s top freelancers to write their travel features (anyone supporting good writers has my support)
- Most of their international flights have faultless inflight entertainment systems (except for the old rattlers they put on the Sydney – Honolulu route. My advice – take a book!)
- Their staff may be older and less glamourous than some of their competitors but dammit, they have a sense of humour, they are exceptionally hospitable and they make me feel right at home with their Australian accents
When a Qantas rep contacted me to ask me to promote their new ad campaign titled You’re The Reason We Fly, I thought, ‘Hey, why not?’. After all, I have been defending Qantas on Twitter for ages, have worked with some of their Comms staff (ultra-professional women) and in a totally new step, joined their Frequent Flyer program earlier today.
Check out their new campaign – that involves adding an ‘ns’ to their tagline, ‘Spirit of Australia’:
Do you like Qantas? Are you loyal to a particular airline? Or are you price driven?