The wild women project
It’s back. It’s taken me a while to get organised (like, 18 months) but The Sensible Advice for Wild Women project is back. I don’t think I will do the book straight away. Instead, it will be a regular column here on SheGoes and I will collate the book from the best of what goes on here. Nothing like taking your time with things.
To get started (again), I have some wonderful news. The kind folk at Bimbadgen Estate have given me three bottles of their new release Moscato to give away.
To win a bottle of this marvellously girly fizz, all you need to do is post your best piece of wild woman advice in the comments section. I will let the Bimbadgen crew pick the winners.
To get you started, here are a few I wrote on the fraught topic of Men:
- Marry someone who thinks you’re beautiful (and tells you often). It doesn’t matter if you look like a German sausage. The simple fact is that if your husband doesn’t think you’re the prettiest damn German sausage he’s ever seen, you’re going to end up feeling like crap.
- Don’t decide to get back with your ex when you’ve been drinking. Remember that 25 year old parking inspector that looked like Chewbacca you slept with after a night on the wines? Was that a wise move? Don’t go making important life decisions when you’re on the gin and tonics.
- Don’t waste time with a partner who doesn’t try to make you orgasm. If he’s confused about female anatomy, he should just Google it like everyone else.
- Don’t go out with someone just because you think your Dad will like him.
- If you find your partner irritating, boring or lazy before you get married, multiply that feeling by a million. That’s how you’ll feel after you have made a lifelong commitment to him.
- Men can be very weird about women that love sex. Don’t worry about it. Always think, ‘What do I want to get out of this situation?’. If the answer is, ‘Sex’, go for it. If the answer is, ‘Respect, love and a life partner’, go for it anyway. The right guy will be stoked that he’s met someone like you. The wrong guy will act like a douchebag and dump you. Be warned that this may hurt but the pain is temporary. Spending your life with a douchebag is a worse kind of pain.
- Men have feelings too. Just because you have PMS, are drunk, had a bad childhood – whatever – if you act like a complete bitch, apologise and mean it. Men fall in love, get hurt, get defensive and forgive just as easily as women. Always be kind.
Now go! What better motivation could there be than free wine?